Decide if You Will Respond to the Orders Requested by the Person Seeking Protection

en español>

If you AGREE with the Orders that the person seeking protection has asked for, then you may decide to let the person seeking protection get the requested Orders at the hearing without filing any opposing forms or attending the court hearing.

  • If you and the person seeking protection have a child, and you do not participate in the court hearing, the judge will probably grant whatever Custody and Visitation Orders the person seeking protection requested.
  • Child support will also be set based on the California guideline and the amount of income the person seeking protection listed for each of you, and the amount of time you each spend with the child.

If you decide to OPPOSE or DISAGREE with the Orders, you can do this by filling out an:

  • Answer to Temporary Restraining Order (Form DV-120) Opens new window
  • File this form with the court.
  • You should have received a blank "Answer" form with the copy of the Temporary Restraining Order that was served upon you.
  • You can click on the form number to download the form. These forms are fillable forms. You can also get a copy of this form from the court, a private attorney, the public defender, a legal aid clinic, a law library, or at this Web site in the
    forms section.  

More forms for Child Custody, Visitation, or Support Orders:

If the person seeking protection has requested Child Custody and Visitation Orders, you may have received a blank:

  • Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) (Form FL-105) Opens new window
    See the instructions Opens new window for this form.
  • If you disagree with the Custody or Visitation Orders requested, you should fill out this form and file it with the Court.

If the person seeking protection has requested Child Support Orders, you must fill out and return the:

OR the

The court will use this information to set an amount for any child support payments that it orders.   



Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.