If You Have Court Orders for Paying Child or Spousal Support

en español>

If you are required to pay child support and you are employed, a wage assignment will most likely be issued. This means that the support will be deducted from your paycheck and paid directly to the other parent by your employer.

  • You will be responsible for directly paying any child support owed from the date that you were ordered to start paying it until the date that the wage assignment takes effect.
  • If you will be making the support payments yourself, send the payments on time. Interest at the legal rate of 10% per year, can be added on until the full amounts are paid.
  • If the support is more than one month overdue, you  might lose your driver's license, professional license, or income tax refund. 

Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.