How Do I Request Assistance in Court for a Disability I Have?

en español>

California Rules of Court, Rule 1.100 Opens new window allows lawyers, parties, witnesses, jurors, or other people with a disability to make confidential requests for accommodations from the court. 

If you have a disability (as defined by the Americans with Disability Act) and would like to request an accommodation, you may fill out a:

  • Request for Accommodations by Persons With Disabilities and Response
    (Form MC-410) Opens new window
    See the instructions Opens new window for this form.
  • You can also make a request for an accommodation by writing a short letter to the court OR
  • You can go to the court, ask a clerk for the form, fill it out, and return it to the clerk that same day. 

Requests can be made at any time, although you should give the court at least 5 court days’ notice if possible.



Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.