If You Have Court Orders to Turn in or Sell Your Firearms

en español>

If you are required to turn in or sell your firearms and ammunition, you can do
so at:

  • a local law enforcement agency, or at
  • a licensed gun dealership.

If you are planning to turn in or sell your guns and ammunition at either of these places, take the:

  • Proof of Firearms Turned in or Sold form (Form DV-800Opens new window with you.

  • To read an information sheet called "What to do With my Gun or Firearm?"
    (DV-800-INFO) in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean or Vietnamese, click on the language you need:  

  • Ask the person you turned your guns or firearms and ammunition in to, to fill out portions of the form as appropriate.
  • This form should then be copied and filed with the court. For information about where to file in Contra Costa County, California, click here. Opens new window
  • Finally, the form is to be served on the protected person and a "Proof of Service" Opens new window form needs to be filed with the court, see the Proof of Service forms page.  


Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.