If You Have ANY Problems, Call the Police

en español>

WARNING!  People can tell what Internet sites you have visited on your computer.
Be Safe! Opens new window If the information you need is sensitive to your situation, use the Internet at a local library, a friend's house, or, if possible, at work. If you do use your own computer, you can clear your browser history after your visit following our directions, click here. Opens new window

Call the police right away if the restrained person
violates ANY of the Orders.

Even if you haven't served the Orders yet, call the police.


  • Write down what happened, when, where, and the names of any witnesses.
  • Get copies of police reports.
  • If you are hurt, get copies of medical reports.
  • Get photographs taken of any injuries if you or someone else was hurt, or if there is any other damage.
  • Show the police a copy of your Orders. If the restrained person is there, ask the officer to serve the Orders. Ask the police to enter the Proof of Service into CLETS (California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System). This is a statewide computer system that lets police know that the court has made an order.

For more information about what to do if the restrained person does not follow the court order, click here.


Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.