Other People Who May Also Need a Copy of the Final Restraining Order After Hearing

en español>

WARNING!  People can tell what Internet sites you have visited on your computer.
Be Safe! Opens new window If the information you need is sensitive to your situation, use the Internet at a local library, a friend's house, or, if possible, at work. If you do use your own computer, you can clear your browser history after your visit following our directions, click here. Opens new window

Following is a list of some of the other people who may also need a copy of the final "Restraining Order After Hearing":

  • The landlord, if the protected person rents and the Order includes a residence exclusion;
  • Law enforcement agencies;
  • Security officers at your residence or workplace;
  • Visitation supervisor if the order provides for supervised visitation;
  • Your child's school or childcare provider;
  • Your employer, if the order includes a stay-away-from-work order;
  • Financial institutions, if one of you has an Order to have use and control of an account at that financial institution;
  • Counseling agency, if either you or the person to be restrained are Ordered to attend counseling;
  • Health care providers or insurance companies, if the Order requires the person to be restrained to pay restitution directly to your health care provider or health or car insurance company; and
  • Others that are listed on, or are affected by, the court order.

Your restraining order is enforceable in every state, territory, or Indian reservation.

  • If you move out of California, contact the police, sheriff, or other law enforcement agency in the state, territory, or reservation where you move to so that they know to enforce your orders. They will probably tell you to bring them a certified copy of your orders.
  • Also, provide copies to your children's new schools or daycare providers that can help enforce the order in your new state. 

Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.