Forms for Temporary Restraining Orders

en español>

WARNING!  People can tell what Internet sites you have visited on your computer.
Be Safe! Opens new window If the information you need is sensitive to your situation, use the Internet at a local library, a friend's house, or, if possible, at work. If you do use your own computer, you can clear your browser history after your visit following our directions, click here. Opens new window

Choose the form you need below. You can either download and print the file, or fill it out on your computer, then print it out. These forms will open in a new window. When you have printed out each form, please close that window and continue on this site.

NOTE: You may not need all of these forms. Or you may need more forms. If you're not sure which forms to use, talk to your Family Law Facilitator Opens new window or a lawyer. 

For help in getting low-cost legal aid, click here. Opens new window

For help finding local court forms you may need, go to your county's court website: click here. Opens new window

Forms for a Temporary Restraining Order:

When you file for a Restraining Order, you can also file for a Temporary Restraining Order to cover the time until the court has issued a "Restraining Order After Hearing."

To get a "Temporary Restraining Order", in addition to the "Request for Order"
(Form DV-100) you need to fill out and file:

  • Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) (Form DV-110) Opens new window

If you have children with the person you want protection from, click here for more forms you need to fill out. 

If you want child support or spousal support, you also need:

To help you decide if form FL-150 or form FL-155 is right for you, read an information sheet called "Which Financial Form - FL-150 or FL-155?" (DV-570) in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean or Vietnamese. Click on the language you need:

If some or all of your requested restraining orders were denied
for the reasons listed on Form DV-109, you have a right to a court hearing. 

If you do not want a court hearing, you may use the following form to let the court know that:

  • Waiver of Hearing on Denied Request for Temporary Restraining Order
    (Form DV-112) Opens new window


  • For information about how to use fillable forms, click hereOpens new window
  • To download free Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here. Opens new window
  • To watch an introduction to Filling Out Judicial Council Forms, click here. Opens new window
  • To view short videos called "Paperwork Basics" (forms) and "Service of Process", click here. Opens new window
  • For more information about the forms on our site, click here. Opens new window


Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.