What if a Protected Person Moves Out of State?

en español>

WARNING!  People can tell what Internet sites you have visited on your computer.
Be Safe! Opens new window If the information you need is sensitive to your situation, use the Internet at a local library, a friend's house, or, if possible, at work. If you do use your own computer, you can clear your browser history after your visit following our directions, click here. Opens new window

If you are being protected by a DVPA Restraining Order and move out of California, you are to contact the police, sheriff, or other law enforcement agencies in the state, territory, or reservation where you move to so that they know to enforce your Orders.

  • They will probably tell you to bring them a certified copy of your Orders.
  • Also, provide copies to your children's new schools or daycare providers that can help enforce the order in your new state.

The Restraining Order is enforceable in every state, territory, or Indian reservation.




Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.