What if the Situation Changes?

en español>

WARNING!  People can tell what Internet sites you have visited on your computer.
Be Safe! Opens new window If the information you need is sensitive to your situation, use the Internet at a local library, a friend's house, or, if possible, at work. If you do use your own computer, you can clear your browser history after your visit following our directions, click here. Opens new window


If the person who asked for protection changes his or her mind -- after the hearing, but before the time limit for the Restraining Order has run out - he or she is to file forms with the court.

  • There are forms to change (modify) the Restraining Order.
  • There are other forms to drop (dismiss/vacate) the Restraining Order.

For more information about this process, click here. Opens new window

NOTE: It is very important that the person who asked for protection files these forms with the court so that the restrained person is not charged with violating a court order.

  • The restrained person also CAN ask for the Orders to be modified.
  • The restrained person CANNOT ask for the Orders to be dropped.



Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.