What if I Cannot Have the Person to be Restrained "Served"
Before the Hearing?

en español>

WARNING!  People can tell what Internet sites you have visited on your computer.
Be Safe! Opens new window If the information you need is sensitive to your situation, use the Internet at a local library, a friend's house, or, if possible, at work. If you do use your own computer, you can clear your browser history after your visit following our directions, click here. Opens new window

If you cannot have the person to be restrained "served" with copies of the papers before the hearing on your restraining orders, complete and file the forms below BEFORE your hearing date to continue your temporary orders.

  • Request to Continue Court Hearing and Reissue Temporary Restraining Order (Form DV-115) Opens new window
  • Notice of New Hearing and Order on Reissuance (Form DV-116) Opens new window

If you are filing the "Request to Continue Court Hearing and Reissue Temporary Restraining Order" form on the same day as your court hearing, you should bring it with you to the hearing so that the judge can sign the order right then. Otherwise, you will have to prepare all the papers and start the process all over again.

To read an information & instructions sheet called "How to Ask for a New Hearing Date" (DV-115-INFO) in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean or Vietnamese, click on the language you need:




Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.